Monday, February 15, 2016

Dementia and Snowmen??


Momma is my heart.  She loves me like only a mother can, and she makes me smile.  Well, most of the time.  Truth is, she makes me scratch my head many days, but we will talk about that another day.

 

Christmas this year was made extra special for Momma by the addition of her very own snowman in her living room.  He was decorated with a top hat, red scarf, and mittens.  When we began discussing removing the snowman with the other Christmas decorations, Momma wasn't so happy.  "But I like sitting here looking at him.  Don't take him down."  And you know the saying, "What Momma wants....Momma gets."  Thus began the thought process for making the snowman into something we could keep year round.

A trip to the dollar store, $20 bucks spent, and we had enough decorations to make a Mardi Gras Snowman, Valentine's Day Snowman, St. Patty's Day Snowman, and an Easter Snowman.  As you can see from the picture, our Valentine's Day Snowman turned out quite well.

What's the point in all this?  I have many goals in life.  The Westminster Catechism teaches us the chief purpose of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.  That is always my primary goal.  After that, I believe we are called to take care of God's children.  Scripture further teaches us to take care of the widows and orphans.  The making of a snowman tree for Christmas, Mardi Gras, Valentine's Day, St. Patty's Day, and Easter are all part of making my Momma's world happier.  That brings to mind another saying.  "If Momma ain't happy.... ain't no body happy."  Do I hear an AMEN!
Hope that gives you Something To Ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment