Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Faith and Peace - Buy One Get One Free


I was recently asked to explain why I have peace in my life.  My first thought was, “How do you know I have peace?”  This person seemed to think I had a corner on the market of peace.  Maybe it was on special at the local department store.  “Buy one get one free --- today only --- stock up on peace.”

Of course, I am exaggerating, but the conversation has made me stop and think.  My peace, to whatever extent I have it, really did come as a “buy one get one free” deal.  Use see, peace is the by-product of faith.  When faith becomes real and strong in the everyday activities of life, peace is the naturally occurring result.

In my book, I Prayed For My Refrigerator…And Other Stories of Faith, (Click here to purchase), I tell many stories where faith was absolutely necessary to bring me through various life situations with a smile on my face.  My husband’s life-changing accident, my parent’s divorce, and my story of being bitten by a bat all relay instances where my faith was tested and God’s peace brought me through.

There are few minutes of my day that are not bathed with prayer.  I have often commented that my tendency towards accidents has helped push me into prayerful conversation many times a day.  (My friend, Leslie, calls me Kamikaze Carol.)  When I crank the car, when I walk up and down stairs, when I sit to write, no matter the situation, I consult with God for His direction and guidance.

Am I more peaceful than others in my world?  I don’t know.  I do know that the only true source of peace is through the Prince of Peace.  Come back next week and Listen To My Brain Rattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment