Monday, September 24, 2012

Minor Wrecks Move To Safe Location


Recently I saw a sign on the interstate that said, “Minor wrecks move to safe location”.  I’m not sure why, but it made me giggle.  There are days I feel like a minor wreck, and it might be good if I were moved to a safe location.  Friday was one of those days.  I was exhausted.  I needed some time on the sofa resting and relaxing.  That was my “safe location”.

As our loved ones age, they need safe locations, also.  I take great comfort in knowing my Momma lives in an assisted living facility.  She is among people much like herself, she enjoys being cared for, and she has no concerns for her daily care.  Many people look at assisted living care as the “last resort”.  I recommend you look at it as a wonderful addition to your loved ones life.  This becomes more evident when the decision to move is made earlier in life.  Momma decided to make the move shortly after her diagnosis.  This decision has allowed her to adjust to her new home, make friends, and fully feel like she is “home”.

I hope you are not feeling like a “minor wreck”, but always seek a safe location in order to get the care you need.  It’s just Something To Ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment